"Just doing my best to tread lightly on the Earth."

Fireworks In the City.

Yesterday was Australia Day! So Happy Australia Day for yesterday!! 
In the evening I caught the train with Callan (My boyfriend) into the city to watch the fireworks. When we got there we found a really good spot to sit on the grass with the water in front of us, pretty much exactly where we were last year. Perfectly placed so the fireworks were launching just in front of us and almost over our heads! I didn't take many photos of the fireworks as I really just wanted to enjoy being there in the moment, all the loud bangs making me jump and the beautiful flashes of colour filling the sky. Fireworks give me a really funny feeling because I get really excited about all the mesmerizing colours and explosions but my body reacts slightly afraid due to the loud bangs and sudden flashes, my heart beats faster and my eyes grow wider. Its exhilarating, really. When I did take a few snaps I really didn't focus on making sure the photo turned out well I really just pointed the camera and pressed the button, no focusing, lighting adjustments, I barely even looked at my phone!. But to be completely honest I'm really pleased with how my few photos turned out, they are imperfect , which to me makes them perfect, it makes them real.
Anyway I hope you like the photos as much as I do! 







Straightened my hair for the first time in ages so I thought I might add in a few selfies as well!
(In case you may want to know)
Top from: Temt
Jumper from: Kmart



10 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, these are beautiful!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Australia Day! I love any excuse to see fireworks.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're photographs are beautiful! Fireworks are amazing :) I've also nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out here if you'd like: http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/the-liebster-award-again.html

    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I agree!
      Oh thankyou! That's my fourth nomination, I may have to do another post! haha xx

      Delete